What does TRIO SSS stand for?
SSS stands for Student Support Services which is one of eight TRiO programs. TRiO is not an acronym but it refers to the number three, the original number of US federal programs to increase access to higher education for economically disadvantaged students. TRiO’s existence is owed to the passing of the Higher Education Act of 1965.
What is TRiO SSS’s goal?
Why should I join TRiO SSS?
- FREE tutoring
- Graduation planning
- Small grants to students who qualify
- Academic guidance
- Student advocacy
- Community resource acquisition
- Workshops on topics such as time management, study and test taking skills, writing, life skills
- Your own personal Retention Specialist to help you coordinate all your academic resources
- Campus visits to the University of Kansas
- Graphing calculators for check-out (First come first serve)
- Mini Laptops (First come first serve)
- Free USB flash drive
Who is eligible for the TRiO program?
How do I apply to the TRiO program?
If I apply to TRiO SSS am I automatically in?
I have been accepted into the TRiO program. What do I do next?
Can TRiO help me pay for college?
Can TRiO help me transfer? My degree is not offered at Haskell and I feel overwhelmed!
I am an off-campus student with children in the home and I can’t pay my electric bill this month. Can TRiO help?
Contact & Info
155 Indian Ave
785-749-8404 ex. 206
The TRiO Office is located in:
Ross Hall, Rm #131
8AM - 5PM | M-F